If you are a foodie/gadget freak you should visit the YuppieChef website! The address is www.yuppiechef.co.za. You can browse on their website by price category, brand, etc. and shop to your heart’s content. Delivery is free!
For first time readers of our monthly newsletter, it provides details of the events and services offered by Cooking Up A Storm (Jeanri Verster) and Foodlink Cookery School (Carolié de Koster). We share a passion for all things food-related, and we are excited to share this passion with you through the services we provide.
In our final newsletter for 2010 we look back at a year that was quite hectic, but great fun. We met so many wonderful new people at our events and it is of course always great to see familiar faces! For those of you who attended our events during the course of the year, we trust that you feel armed to the teeth with ideas and recipes for the Festive Season. We have decided to post a few of the our favorite recipes (see the link below) for those of you who did not get around to attending our courses this past year (be sure to make it a New Year’s resolution for 2011!).
SUBSCRIBE AND WIN!
Subscribe to our website and stand a chance to win one of the following fabulous prizes: Wizbake baking sheets, Cooking Up A Storm Meal Plans or Carolié’s Art Of Cooking Recipe Book on CD. Winners will be announced towards the end of December. By subscribing, you will get free access to the latest news on foodie events, blogs on food related topics, seasonal recipes, cooking tips & hints, entertaining ideas, etc. the moment we post it on the website.
The Fun With Festive Food Demonstration is scheduled for Saturday 13 November. It will be repeated on Saturday 20 November to accommodate as many as possible people. Seats are limited, so please book as soon as possible to secure your seat. Please see Events for more details and booking forms.
The Festive Season is upon us, but there is still enough time to equip yourself for the festive and holiday entertaining ahead by attending one of our events in November.
- Carolie’s Yeast Baking hands-on course was a great success earlier this month. There are still a few spaces available if you wanted to book for the repeat on the 6th of November.
- Upcoming events:
Saturday 6 November – Yeast Baking Hands-on Course (repeat)
Saturday 13 November – Fun With Festive Food *
Saturday 20 November – Fun With Festive Food (repeat)
* The venue of the Fun With Festive Food demonstration has changed. We have also decided to do a repeat of this demonstration to accommodate as many as possible people. Please see Events for more details and booking forms for all our events. Please book early to secure your seat as space is limited.
Remember that if you are not available on the scheduled dates, you can book a tailor-made, private cooking lesson, demonstration or hands-on cooking session for yourself or a group in the comfort of your own kitchen for any of the topics below and many more! See Services for more details.
Subscribe to our website before the end of October and stand a chance to win one of the following fabulous prizes: Wizbake baking sheets, Cooking Up A Storm Meal Plans or Carolié’s Art Of Cooking Recipe Book on CD. By subscribing, you will get free access to the latest news on foodie events, blogs on food related topics, seasonal recipes, cooking tips & hints, entertaining ideas, etc. the moment we post it on the website. You will still be getting our monthly newsletter via e-mail.
I attended the Lindt Chocolate Master Class at the Good Food & Wine Show where chocolatier, Dimo Simatos guided attendees through the steps of fine chocolate appreciation, indulging each of our five senses. A must for chocoholics! Look out for the following new Lindt flavours: Blueberry, Caramel and a Touch of Salt.
Visit their website at www.chocolatestudio.co.za for details of their courses. Be sure to visit their new studio that will be opening at Design Quarter, Fourways in November 2010.
I spent 5 hours at the Good Food & Wine Show today and I am afraid I will have to go again before the show ends on Sunday! I think the following are great buys:
- Ina Paarman’s new range of stock. It comes in sachets and is concentrated liquid. Choose between fish, beef or chicken. It is not even in the shops yet!
- Lecol’s flavoured lemon juice – choose between peri-peri, butter or garlic and herb. Buy all 3 and get the plain lemon juice free!
- Lindt Chocolate new flavours – Blueberry and Caramel. Good news: a brand new Lindt chocolate studio will open at Design Quarter (Fourways) in November.
- Koko Chocolate Company’s white chilli fudge – it is divine!
- Froggit’s Thyme Infused Balsamic available at Elbows Up Deli – also available from the Gourmet Market at Lifestyle Garden Centre
- Iberian ham – whole leg of Spanisgh Iberian pig salted and dried. I think the stand was called Spanish Diva. Available from Ndlovu Lodge (0128090432)
- Twistix Twist-up Frozen Pop Makers – use fruit juice, yoghurt or ice cream to make your own frozen pops.
- Epicurean cutting boards – better than plastic, wood or glass!
- Cuisinpro Foam Pump – turn liquid soap into foam and reduce soap usage with 75%!
All the kitchen gadgets mentioned above can be found at the Cuisipro stand at the Good Food & Wine show and at Brooklyn Mall, Pretoria (0718694418). See Utensils & tools for more details.
Make sure you don’t miss the Johannesburg Good Food & Wine Show 2010. Southern Africa’s finest culinary expo for gourmets, gourmands and good-life devotees. Held in the Coca-Cola Dome from 23-26 September!
For more detail go to Good Food & Wine Show Johannesburg | Facebook.
See you there!
Many households feel the strain of hectic schedules. Tailor-made one-on-one private cooking lessons may be just what you’ve been looking for to ease the daily burden of cooking for the family! Not only will you empower your domestic worker or nanny with a practical skill, but she will be able to cook your favourite meals. Click here for more details.
HANDS-ON YEAST BAKING is back, due to many requests!
After this intensive 5 hour course you will be completely comfortable with yeast and able to bake classic, contemporary as well as the most trendy breads from countries worldwide.
Go to Events for more detail.
Spring has sprung and what better time to equip yourself with skills, ideas and recipes for spring and summer entertaining than to attend one of our exciting events! Remember that if you are not available on the scheduled dates, you can book a tailor-made, private cooking lesson in the comfort of your own kitchen for any of the topics below and many more! See Services for more details.
Saturday 2 October – Yeast Baking Hands-on Course
Thursday 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th October – Get Started Hands-on Course
Saturday 6th November – Yeast Baking Hands-on Course (repeat)
Saturday 13th November – Fun With Festive Food
Please book early to secure your seat as space is limited.
Please see Events for more details and booking forms.