Cooking Up A Storm Culinary Experiences specialises in customised culinary lessons for individuals. The lessons take place on-site, i.e. in your own kitchen which is obviously a familiar environment for you. The lessons are suitable for beginners, intermediate or advanced cooks – no experience required. Also available for domestic workers, house keepers, nanny’s and kitchen staff.
The lessons are customised to your requirements, i.e. it is adapted to the level and pace determined by you. The lesson content can also be customized to your family’s food likes and dislikes or lifestyle, whether it is Low GI & Low Fat, or High Fat & Low Carb, Paleo, etc. You can specify what types of dishes you would like to learn to cook, i.e. a complete meal (starter, main course and dessert) or you could focus on specific dishes, cuisines, topics or even cooking techniques. Choose from our library of cuisines (see list below) or suggest your own. You can learn to make dishes from scratch or to “cheat” with ready-made ingredients – the possibilities are endless!
When you book four lessons, you will receive a manual that covers topics such as Food Safety, Kitchen Safety, Kitchen Hygiene, Food Storing and much more! The manual can be used as a reference guide in the kitchen.
I am based in Johannesburg, but I am happy to venture further afield! Lessons are available 7 days of the week.
Cost: 300.00 per hour (T’s & C’s apply).
- A comprehensive 90 page manual which can be used as a reference guide in the kitchen (T’s & C’s apply).
- a recipe file with your customised recipes
- a free assessment of your kitchen equipment. I will make recommendations of what needs to be bought if necessary (not compulsory)
- a grocery list per lesson
- grocery shopping on your behalf for each of the lessons. You are also welcome to buy the groceries yourself.
- the cost of the groceries used during the lesson(s)
- travel cost to your house
- the cost of the equipment you might need for basic cooking
Please make contact for more information. Or give me a call on 083 408 8802.