This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our website and the choices you have associated with that data.
Effective date: October 25, 2018
Who we are
Cooking Up A Storm (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.cookingupastorm.co.za website (the “website”).
Information Collection And Use
When you use our website we collect your data to provide and improve our products and services offered to you. By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Types of Data Collected
The information we collect includes:
While using our website, e.g. to subscribe to our newsletter or to purchase from our on-line store, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, Postal code, City
- Username and password
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
We take your privacy and data very seriously and undertake never to sell or make available – your data – for any purpose, to any party, other than for the purposes described in this policy.
Cooking Up A Storm uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website, products and services offered
- To notify you about changes to our website, products and services offered
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support including information about your purchases
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve website, products and services offered
- To monitor the usage of the website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- News and marketing related information (with consent)
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to South Africa and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Cooking Up A Storm may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Cooking Up A Storm
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us. We use reasonable precautions, such as encrypted technologies and other industry best practices to make sure your information is secure. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We employ third party companies (“service providers”) to host, enable and provide functionality on our website. These service providers have access to your personal data – and even request additional data at times – only in order to perform their respective tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We selected these providers carefully based on their good standing and trust by business users and industry experts alike. We provide their details here in order for you to review their privacy policies which they maintain themselves:
Hetzner – for secure hosting of our domain and website data
Wordpress – for website functionality and infrastructure
WooCommerce – for e-commerce (on-line shop) functionality
Payfast – to facilitate secure on-line payments
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our website. These include:
- Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. You may globally opt-out of Google tracking through options provide by Google on their website. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Other analytics toolsWe also use Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tools such as Yoast (yoast.com). These SEO tools uses the collected data to advise us improving our website ranking through web search engines. For more information on their privacy practices, please visit Yoast Privacy web page: https://yoast.com/privacy-policy/
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://cookingupastorm.co.za/privacy-policy
- Be emailing email@example.com