If you are a foodie/gadget freak you should visit the YuppieChef website! The address is www.yuppiechef.co.za. You can browse on their website by price category, brand, etc. and shop to your heart’s content. Delivery is free!
Subscribe to our website before the end of October and stand a chance to win one of the following fabulous prizes: Wizbake baking sheets, Cooking Up A Storm Meal Plans or Carolié’s Art Of Cooking Recipe Book on CD. By subscribing, you will get free access to the latest news on foodie events, blogs on food related topics, seasonal recipes, cooking tips & hints, entertaining ideas, etc. the moment we post it on the website. You will still be getting our monthly newsletter via e-mail.
I attended the Lindt Chocolate Master Class at the Good Food & Wine Show where chocolatier, Dimo Simatos guided attendees through the steps of fine chocolate appreciation, indulging each of our five senses. A must for chocoholics! Look out for the following new Lindt flavours: Blueberry, Caramel and a Touch of Salt.
Visit their website at www.chocolatestudio.co.za for details of their courses. Be sure to visit their new studio that will be opening at Design Quarter, Fourways in November 2010.
I spent 5 hours at the Good Food & Wine Show today and I am afraid I will have to go again before the show ends on Sunday! I think the following are great buys:
- Ina Paarman’s new range of stock. It comes in sachets and is concentrated liquid. Choose between fish, beef or chicken. It is not even in the shops yet!
- Lecol’s flavoured lemon juice – choose between peri-peri, butter or garlic and herb. Buy all 3 and get the plain lemon juice free!
- Lindt Chocolate new flavours – Blueberry and Caramel. Good news: a brand new Lindt chocolate studio will open at Design Quarter (Fourways) in November.
- Koko Chocolate Company’s white chilli fudge – it is divine!
- Froggit’s Thyme Infused Balsamic available at Elbows Up Deli – also available from the Gourmet Market at Lifestyle Garden Centre
- Iberian ham – whole leg of Spanisgh Iberian pig salted and dried. I think the stand was called Spanish Diva. Available from Ndlovu Lodge (0128090432)
- Twistix Twist-up Frozen Pop Makers – use fruit juice, yoghurt or ice cream to make your own frozen pops.
- Epicurean cutting boards – better than plastic, wood or glass!
- Cuisinpro Foam Pump – turn liquid soap into foam and reduce soap usage with 75%!
All the kitchen gadgets mentioned above can be found at the Cuisipro stand at the Good Food & Wine show and at Brooklyn Mall, Pretoria (0718694418). See Utensils & tools for more details.
Make sure you don’t miss the Johannesburg Good Food & Wine Show 2010. Southern Africa’s finest culinary expo for gourmets, gourmands and good-life devotees. Held in the Coca-Cola Dome from 23-26 September!
For more detail go to Good Food & Wine Show Johannesburg | Facebook.
See you there!
Spring has sprung and what better time to equip yourself with skills, ideas and recipes for spring and summer entertaining than to attend one of our exciting events! Remember that if you are not available on the scheduled dates, you can book a tailor-made, private cooking lesson in the comfort of your own kitchen for any of the topics below and many more! See Services for more details.
Saturday 2 October – Yeast Baking Hands-on Course
Thursday 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th October – Get Started Hands-on Course
Saturday 6th November – Yeast Baking Hands-on Course (repeat)
Saturday 13th November – Fun With Festive Food
Please book early to secure your seat as space is limited.
Please see Events for more details and booking forms.