Gourmet food …ready in a few minutes!
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (± 600g – 750g)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
20 ml olive or sunflower oil
20 ml butter
1 large red or white onion, sliced
125 ml Muskadel wine
125 ml Espresso or strong filter coffee
30 ml brown balsamic vinegar
5 ml chicken stock powder
15 ml cornflour
30 ml water
6 to 8 stoned prunes
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and flatten the breasts neatly and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan and pour half into a second saucepan.
- Heat the non-stick pan and fry the breasts over moderate 4 to 5 minutes on a side or until cooked and browned on both sides.
- Add the onions to the second saucepan and cook over moderate heat until softened.Add the wine, coffee, vinegar and stock powder and bring to boil.
- Combine the water and cornflour and add to the saucepan stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Cut the plums into wedges while on the stone. Remove the stones and stir into the sauce. If using prunes, pit them before adding them to the sauce.
- Adjust seasoning, pour over the breasts, heat through, garnish with parsley and serve.
Substitute the prunes with 2 firm ripe dark red plums.
Recipe by Carolié de Koster.