Nothing beats freshly baked home-made bread – whether it is in bun or loaf form. These buns are quick and easy to prepare and will make home-made hamburgers taste extra delicious!
- Prepare a batch of Light Brown Bread Loaf dough.
- Knead down the dough and pinch off egg-sized portions.
- Shape the portions into neat rounds and place a baking tray lined with a Wizbake baking sheet. Allow sufficient space inbetween the portions for rising without connecting.
- Brush with glaze and allow to rise in a warm protected spot for about 20 min or until doubled in size.
- For the patties, prepare a batch of Multi-purpose Savoury Minced Beef Mix and prepare the patties as per the recipe for Phyllo Burger.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180°C for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the buns to a cooling rack to cool.
- When cool, cut the buns in half horizontally and transfer it to a serving platter.
- Do the same with the rest of the buns.
- While heating up the hamburger patties, prepare the rest of the hamburger ingredients, e.g. lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc. and transfer it each ingredient to a bowl.
- Also have condiments like tomato sauce, mustard and mayonnaise at hand.
- Allow everyone to assemble their own hamburger.
- I like to place a cocktail stick in a hamburger to keep everything together (see image above). Just remember to remove it before you eat the hamburger!
Makes about 24 rolls.