Got oranges? With the abundance of oranges at the moment, it would be a crime not to make the best of this flavourful citrus fruit while it is in season. An orange is such a versatile ingredient: it can be eaten as-is, squeezed for juice or zested. It can be used to flavour marinades, spice rubs, salad dressings, sweet and savoury sauces, sorbet, mousse, ice-cream, cake and cocktails! Not forgetting marmalade! It can be eaten as part of breakfast, lunch or dinner. It makes a great snack too! I have therefore included a variety of both sweet and savoury recipes that are flavoured either by orange juice, orange zest or orange-flavoured alcohol in some way. I’ve included a few recipes that call for Grand Marnier, the popular orange-flavoured French liqueur. Luckily the 1st of June is only a week away, so if you’ve run out of alcohol during lockdown, you will be able to stock up soon!
If any of these recipes look to daunting to try by yourself, just book a culinary lesson with me!
- Duck à l’Orange (Roasted Whole Duck With Orange Sauce)
- Duck Breast With Orange Sauce
- Chicken With Citrus & Brinjal
- Orange & Carrot Soup
- Orange, Almond & Polenta Cake
- Grand Marnier Chocolate Soufflé
- Baked Ricotta & Orange Cheesecake
- Olive Oil & Orange Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate & Orange Mousse
- Orange Sorbet
- Crêpe Suzette