This decadent chocolate mousse is quick and easy to whip up. You only need three ingredients!
200 g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
3 extra large eggs, separated
75 ml orange juice
100 ml fresh cream, whipped (optional)
additional dark chocolate, grated or orange zest
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Seperate the eggs and add the egg yolks and orange juice into the melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Whip the egg whites fold a third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the rest of the egg whites into the mixture. Try not to knock out any of the air.
- Divide the mousse between individual glasses or ramekins and chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.
6 to 8 servings.
– Substitute the dar chocokate for milk chocolate or white chocolate.
– Substitute 50% of the orange juice with Grand Marnier.
Photo credit: icouldkillfordessert.com.br