This fragrant baked chicken dish can easily be turned into a one-dish meal by adding vegetables such as quartered onions, green beans, baby marrow, etc. to it.
1 kg chicken portions, skin on and bone in
15 ml butter or coconut oil, melted
2.5 ml salt
10 ml Sumac
250 g cherry tomatoes
15 g flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
350 g Woolworths Babymarrow Spaghetti
10 g butter or coconut oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large oven roasting dish.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the roasting dish.
- Brush the skin-side of the chicken pieces with butter or coconut oil.
- Season the chicken pieces on both sides with the salt and sumac.
- Cover the roasting dish with foil and roast the chicken for 45 minutes.
- Remove the roasting dish from the oven and add the tomatoes.
- Remove the foil and return the dish to the oven. Increase the temperature to 200°C and roast for a further 20 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter or coconut oil in a saucepan and add the babymarrow spaghetti.
- Stir-fry until cooked and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish the chicken with parsley.
- To serve, spoon the babymarrow spaghetti onto a large serving platter and top with the chicken pieces. Alternatively, spoon the babymarrow spaghetti onto individual plates and top with the chicken.