Nacho’s made with home-made corn chips, home made tomato salsa and a flavoursome Mexican-style meat sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and grease a large ovenproof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pack the the corn chips in a single layer but slightly overlapping on the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Set it aside.
- Prepare the home-made corn chips, Chilli Con Carne and Tomato Salsa and set it aside.
- To assemble the Nacho’s, spoon the mince onto the chips.
- Spoon the tomato salsa on top of the mince.
- Spoon the sour cream on top of the tomato salsa.
- Top with the grated cheese and spring onions.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with avo and serve.
- Substitute the home-made corn chips with shop-bought corn chips.
- Substitute the corn chips with home-made Tortilla Chips.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ° C and grease 2 large baking trays with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut 6 flour tortillas into triangles on a chopping board with a cook’s knife.
- Place the triangles in a single layer on the prepared trays.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with gaucamole or a dip of your choice.