A float can be made with as little as two ingredients, and it is quick and easy. For Valentine’s Day, use a red cold drink, e.g. Sparletta, or home-made or shop-bought strawberry, raspberry or watermelon juice.
red or pink cold drink or juice, chilled
± 500 ml vanilla ice-cream (1 to 2 scoops per person)
- When ready to serve, fill the glasses three quarters full with juice and add 1 to 2 scoops of ice-cream.
- Decorate with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Decorate the floats with aerosol or whipped cream.
- Use home-made fruit juice (recipe below).
Home-made Fruit Juice
500 g fresh, prepared fruit, e.g. strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, etc.
50 ml sugar or honey (add more if to taste)
125 ml water
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Chill the juice for 30 minutes to 1 hour or overnight.
Makes ± 500 ml concentrated juice.