This popular South African dessert is to die for! You only need four ingredients, so make it today!
250 ml fresh cream
2 x 200 g packets Bakers Tennis Biscuits (Classic, Cinnamon, Caramel or Choc Mint)
1 x 397 g tin Nestel Caramel Treat
2 x 45 g Nestle Peppermint Crisp, processed into crumbs
- Whip the cream with the whisk attachment of a stand mixer.
- Transfer about one third of the whipped cream to a small mixing bowl and set it aside. It will be used as a topping later.
- Add the Caramel Treat to the mixing bowl with the leftover whipped cream and mix well.
- Grease a 20 cm x 20 cm square dish or a rectangular dish of a similar size. I used a 9 cm x 18 cm foil loaf pan.
- To assemble the dessert, pack the biscuits in the dish to determine if you need to cut them smaller. Also to see if you have enough biscuits to do at least two layers.
- If preferred, line the base and the sides of the dish with the biscuits and spoon a few tablespoons of the caramel mixture onto the biscuit base.
- Alternatively, spoon a few tablespoons of the caramel mixture directly onto the base of the dish, followed by a layer of biscuits.
- Layer the biscuits and the caramel mixture until you reach the top of the dish.
- Finish off the tart with the leftover whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the Peppermint Crisp on top and cover with Clingwrap.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
4 to 6 servings.
– Use a 150 g Nestle Peppermint Crisp Slab and sprinkle a little of it between the layers as well.
– Create a two tone tart by using a combination of Caramel and Choc Mint Tennis biscuits.
– Substitute the Nestle Peppermint Crisp with other brands of chocolate with a mint flavour, e.g. Lindt Excellence Mint Intence Dark Chocolate, Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Crisp, etc.