These minty sweet treats are quick and easy to make and are great with after-dinner coffee or to give as a gift.
30 g butter, softened
45 ml light corn syrup
500 ml icing sugar, sifted
a few drops peppermint essence
food colouring of your choice
To decorate (optional)
100 g dark chocolate, melted
- Combine the butter and corn syrup in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 250 ml of the icing sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the essence a few drops at a time until you have the desired flavor.
- Mix in the rest of the icing sugar.
- Turn the mixture out onto a Wizbake baking sheet sprinkled with icing sugar and knead the mixture until all the icing sugar is absorbed and the mixture is completely smooth. Add additional icing sugar if needed.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Leave one portion white. Add green food colouring to the other portion a few drops at a time until you have the desired colour.
- Shape the mixtures into 2 cm balls and flatten gently with a fork.
- Let the patties stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day.
- Store in an airtight container.
24 to 36 patties
- Dip the patties halfway in melted chocolate or drizzle melted chocolate over the patties. Set aside to set.