A delightful creation of velvety mocha filling on a thin crust. It can be made in advance to avoid a last-minute rush in the kitchen.
125 g Digestive or Eetsummor Biscuits
2 ml ground cinnamon
50g/50 ml butter or margarine
750 g Ricotta cheese
300 ml sugar
20 ml lemon juice
5 ml vanilla essence
15 ml brandy
20 ml gelatine
125 ml espresso or strong coffee
250 ml cream, whipped
125 ml chocolate chips
- Line the base of a 25 – 28 cm spring-form tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits, cinnamon and butter or margarine into the bowl of a food processor and process until crumbly and even.
- Turn out into the tin and press evenly onto the base.
- Place the Ricotta cheese, sugar, lemon juice, brandy and vanilla essence in a bowl and beat well.
- Place the gelatine into a 250 ml heat resistant jug and add the coffee or water and coffee powder and microwave on MEDIUM for 1 minute or until syrupy and melted.
- Stir a few spoonfuls of the Ricotta mixture into the gelatine, add to the bowl with the Ricotta and beat well.
- Add the whipped cream and chocolate chips and fold together until evenly combined.
- Pour into the prepared crust and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate until firm and cut as preferred to serve as a teatime treat or dessert.
If Ricotta cheese is not available use firm cream cheese.
Recipe by Carolié de Koster.