Take a dark slab of chocolate to another level by adding toasted coconut, almonds and cinnamon. The perfect treat if you are Banting as it is virtually sugar-free!
3 x 100 g Lindt Excellence Extra Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa, finely chopped
30 ml coconut oil
150 ml desiccated coconut, toasted
150 ml flaked almonds, toasted
15 ml to 30 ml ground cinnamon (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water). Set the chocolate aside.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate and mix well.
- Combine the desiccated coconut and almonds in a dry frying pan and toast it until golden. Be careful not to let it burn!
- Transfer the coconut and almond mixture to a food processor and process it with the pulse action until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the coconut and almond mixture to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto a baking tray lined with clingwrap or baking paper and set it aside to cool.
- Refrigerate the chocolate until firm.
- Transfer the chocolate to a chopping board and cut it into blocks or fingers.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.