These muffins will be a hit with young and old alike!
500 ml rice flour or gluten-free flour mix
20 ml baking powder
5 ml salt
5 ml garlic and herb seasoning
5 ml dried origanum
10 ml mixed dried herbs
1 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
100 ml finely chopped spring onion
50 g/125 ml grated Cheddar cheese
100 g/250 ml finely diced Mozzarella cheese
100 g ham, coarsely chopped (optional)
300 ml milk
2 large eggs
100 ml oil
30 ml tomato puree or pizza or pasta topping sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 °C Grease 12 medium or 8 jumbo muffin cups generously with margarine.
- Place the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Combine the milk, eggs, oil and tomato puree in a measuring jug and add it to the well in the dry ingredients. Mix only until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Divide the batter between the greased cups and bake 10 minutes at 200 ° C.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 ° C and bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until golden and firm.
- Cool in the muffin cups a few minutes, loosen, lift out and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
12 medium muffins.
Recipe by Carolié de Koster.