Romanesca, also known as summer cauliflower, is a curious-looking cruciferous vegetable which can be used in any recipe that calls for cauliflowe or broccoli! Try my recipes for Baked Cauliflower Mash and Cauliflower Cakes with Romanesca next time.
500 g romanesco, cauliflower or broccoli
± 250 ml water
- If using a head of romanesco, cut the stem in the middle out and cut it into florets.
- Steam the romanesco in a steaming basket or a steamer for about 10 minutes on a medium heat until the romanesco is soft went pierced with a knife.
- Transfer the romanesco to a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Shake off excess water and transfer the vegetables to a serving dish.
- Serve as is or with a sauce of your choice. Re-heat when ready to serve.