These healthy biscuits can be served with tea or as snacks. It is great for including in lunch boxes for kids as well as for mom and dad!
250 ml sunflower seeds, toasted
250 ml pumpkin seeds, toasted
125 ml sesame seeds, toasted
125 ml coconut chips or flakes, toasted
60 ml soft brown sugar (Treacle or Demarera)
60 ml honey
125 ml dried cranberries, sultana’s or raisins
2 extra large egg whites
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 º C and line two large baking trays with Wizbake baking sheets or a 48-hole macaron mat.
- Toast the seeds and coconut chips one ingredient at a time in a single layer in a large saucepan until light brown – watch it carefully as it can burn very quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls 2 cm apart on the Wizbake sheet or place on the “holes” of the macaron mat and flatten with the back of the teaspoon.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool before transferring the clusters to a airtight container.
Makes 60 small clusters or 30 medium clusters.
- Drizzle a little melted white or dark chocolate over the clusters once they are cool.