This recipe can be done equally successfully in the oven or on a braai.
1 kg lamb chump chops
50 ml olive oil
50 ml lemon juice
50 ml rosemary, finely chopped
5 ml garlic & herb seasoning
5 ml salt
freshly ground black pepper
Italian parsley, leaves removed from stalks
- Arrange the chops in a single layer in a shallow glass dish or a Tupperware marinating dish.
- To make the marinade, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, seasoning, salt and pepper in a measuring jug and whisk with a fork until blended.
- Pour the marinade over the chops, cover the dish with cling wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 2 or for up to 24 hours turning the chops a few times to allow the marinade to coat the meat evenly on all sides.
- Place the rack in the top section of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 230 °C.
- Lift the chops out of the marinade and place it on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Grill the chops under a pre-heated grilling element for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Set an electronic kitchen timer so that you don’t forget about it!
- Transfer the chops to a hot serving dish and serve with Baby Marrow, Bacon & Mushroom Boats, Raw Beetroot & Carrot Salad, etc.