This Middle-Eastern salad is quick and easy to prepare and low in kilojoules.
2 English cucumbers
15 ml sugar
5 ml vinegar
15 ml olive oil
5 ml Za’atar Spice Mix
cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Peel, seed and slice the cucumbers into thin slices. Or use an apple corer to seed the cucumber (see photo below).
- Combine the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the cucumber slices to the mixing bowl and toss lightly to mix.
- Place the cucumber slices decoratively on a salad platter and sprinkle with the Za’atar spice mix.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes or parsley before serving.