This healthier version of cheese cake is creamy, light and lemony. Serve as is or with fruit coulis or fresh fruit.
900 g ricotta cheese
200 ml white sugar
100 ml self-raising flour
8 large eggs
1 medium lemon, zested and juiced (chop the zest finely before adding it to the batter)
2.5 ml vanilla powder or extract
250 ml fruit coulis, e.g. blueberry, strawberry, etc.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 º C.
- Lightly butter a 22 cm spring form cake tin.
- Sprinkle a little flour into the tin and shake to spread evenly. Pour out the excess flour. Alternatively line the tin with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well with a large spoon or electric hand mixer.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin or dish.
- Bake for 90 minutes until golden in colour and firm to the touch. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake must come out clean.
- Set the cake aside to cool in the tin. Cover with clingwrap and refrigerate for a least 1 hour.
- Remove the outer ring and transfer the cake to a serving platter or cake stand.
- Serve with fruit coulis.
8 to 10 servings
The cheesecake can also be baked in a greased ovenproof dish with a 1.5 liter capacity.