This truly South-African side dish will be a hit at your next braai.
8 cobs of corn, husks & silk removed
60 g melted butter
30 g fresh basil, torn
2.5 ml brown sugar
2.5 ml garlic & herb seasoning
1 ml paprika
freshly ground black pepper
knobs of butter
fresh basil, torn
- Combine the melted butter, basil, sugar and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Place each cob of corn in it’s own sheet of foil.
- Brush each cob of corn generously with the butter mixture.
- Wrap each cob tightly in the tin foil.
- Place the corn cobs on the braai and cook for about 20 minutes, making sure to turn the cobs often or they will burn.
- Transfer the corn to a serving dish and place a small knob of butter and a little fresh basil on each cob.
Wrap 1 or 2 pieces of rindless bacon around each of the cobs before you wrap them in foil and roast on the grill over the fire for about 20 minutes.