On-site Culinary Lesson (4 hours)
Cooking Up A Storm Culinary Experiences specialises in customised culinary lessons for individuals. The lessons take place on-site, i.e. in your own kitchen which is obviously a familiar environment for you. The lessons are suitable for beginners, intermediate or advanced cooks – no experience required. The lessons are also suitable for domestic workers, house keepers, nanny’s and kitchen staff. Or kids!
The lessons are customised to your requirements, i.e. it is adapted to the level and pace determined by you. The lesson content can also be customized to your family’s food likes and dislikes or lifestyle, whether it is Low GI & Low Fat, or High Fat & Low Carb, Paleo, etc. You can specify what types of dishes you would like to learn to cook, i.e. a complete meal (starter, main course and dessert) or you could focus on specific dishes, cuisines, topics or even cooking techniques. Choose from our library of cuisines (see list below) or suggest your own. You also have the option to learn to make dishes from scratch or to “cheat” with ready-made ingredients – the possibilities are endless!
The lessons take place in your own kitchen and can be done 7 days of the week. I am based in JHB, but I am happy to venture further afield!
Duration: 4 hours
Booking is essential. Please make contact via email to check availability before you book.
Recommended for individuals, e.g. kids that are 10+ years, teenagers, adults, etc. On-site lessons are also ideal for domestic workers, housekeepers, au pairs, nanny’s, etc.
Your customised culinary lesson includes:
- preparing a variety of recipes customised to your level of skill, whether you are a beginner or an accomplished cook! The lessons can also cover recipes from a wide variety of cuisines – American, Austrian, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Mediterranean, Mexican, Moroccan, Portuguese, Russian, South African, Spanish, Swiss and Thai – to name a few! I can even teach you to cook the meals suggested by a dietician!
- comprehensive, easy-to-follow recipes
- a free assessment of your kitchen equipment. I will make recommendations of what needs to be bought if necessary and can even buy the items for you! Please note that I charge R300.00 per hour do do this.
Your customised culinary lesson excludes:
- ingredients required for the lesson * –
- travel cost to your house or venue (R8.00 per km) – payable upfront with the lesson cost
* I will send you a grocery list with details of all the ingredients required for the lesson. You have the following options:
- to buy the ingredients yourself
- to let me buy the ingredients on your behalf. An amount of R600 per lesson is payable upfront to cover the cost of the groceries. You will need to go through the grocery list and tick which ingredients you already have and let me know which ingredients you would like me to buy. You are welcome to specify which brands you would like me to buy, at which grocery stores, etc.
If you book and pay for four lessons, you will receive:
- a comprehensive 90 page manual that covers topics such as Food Safety, Kitchen Safety, Kitchen Hygiene, Food Storing and much more! The manual can be used as a reference guide in the kitchen.
- a recipe file with all the recipes you learnt to make during your lessons
Cooking not your thing? I train domestic workers, housekeepers, nannies or au pairs as well! The lessons will also take place in your kitchen and the lesson content will be customized to your family’s food likes and dislikes or lifestyle. This option is a win-win for everyone – you get to spend time e.g. with your kids and your employee gets up-skilled.
Saturday 25 November 2017, Sunday 26 November 2017, Saturday 9 December 2017, Sunday 10 December 2017, Friday 22 December 2017, Saturday 23 December 2017