During your 4 hour Biscuit Cream Tart-themed culinary lesson you will:
- learn to make 2 different tart bases
- learn to make 2 different fillings, e.g. pastry cream (creme patisserie), chocolate ganach, buttercream icing or Italian Meringue Buttercream Icing
- be given tips on how to plate and garnish the tarts
- be given comprehensive, easy-to-follow recipes
Your customised culinary lesson excludes:
- ingredients required for the lesson * –
- travel cost to your house or venue (R8.00 per km) – payable upfront with the lesson cost
* I will send you a grocery list with details of all the ingredients required for the lesson. You have the following options:
- to buy the ingredients yourself
- to let me buy the ingredients on your behalf. An amount of R600 per lesson is payable upfront to cover the cost of the groceries. You will need to go through the grocery list and tick which ingredients you already have and let me know which ingredients you would like me to buy. You are welcome to specify which brands you would like me to buy, at which grocery stores, etc.
If you book and pay for four lessons, you will:
- be able to choose which recipes you would like to make during your lessons. The lessons will be customised to your requirements, i.e. it is adapted to the level and pace determined by you. The lesson content can also be customized to your family’s food likes and dislikes or lifestyle, whether it is Low GI & Low Fat, or High Fat & Low Carb, Paleo, etc. You can specify what types of dishes you would like to learn to cook, i.e. a complete meal (starter, main course and dessert) or you could focus on specific dishes, cuisines, topics or even cooking techniques. Choose from our library of cuisines (see list below) or suggest your own. You also have the option to learn to make dishes from scratch or to “cheat” with ready-made ingredients – the possibilities are endless! The lessons can also cover recipes from a wide variety of cuisines – American, Austrian, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Mediterranean, Mexican, Moroccan, Portuguese, Russian, South African, Spanish, Swiss and Thai – to name a few! I can even teach you to cook the meals suggested by a dietician!
- receive a comprehensive 90 page manual that covers topics such as Food Safety, Kitchen Safety, Kitchen Hygiene, Food Storing and much more! The manual can be used as a reference guide in the kitchen.
- receive a recipe file with all the recipes you learnt to make during your lessons