This is a quick and easy recipe and a fantastic way to get all the goodness of egg without flour.
10 g butter
2 extra large eggs, beaten
5 to 10 ml sugar (optional)
Nutella or melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Place the pan on the stove and switch the stove on on a moderate heat to melt the butter.
- Add the eggs to the pan and cook in a similar was as if you were making a pancake.
- When the egg is set, slip it onto a chopping board, spread a little Nutella onto it or give it a dusting of icing sugar.
- Fold the pancake in half and in half again before transferring it to a serving plate.
- Serve with creme fraiche and fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled according to need.
For a savoury version of this recipe, stir-fry 50 ml thinly sliced spring onion in a little butter and sprinkle it inside the pancake before you fold it. Serve it with creamed cottage cheese or creme fraiche, halved cherry tomatoes and snipped chives on the side.