A delicious nut-free biscuit that is definitely worth a try!
125 g butter, room temperature
125 ml honey
1 extra large egg
2.5 ml vanilla essence
500 ml oats
250 ml wholewheat flour/Nutty Wheat
2.5 ml bicarbonate of soda
2.5 ml cinnamon
A pinch of salt
180 ml Montagu cranberries
250 ml Montagu sunflower seeds
90 g white chocolate, melted
- Beat together the butter and honey for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 1 more minute or until smooth.
- Combine oats, flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the cranberries and sunflower seeds and mix until well combined.
- Shape into walnut sized balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and set aside until the chocolate has set.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use chopped apricots or pears instead of cranberries
- Drizzle with dark chocolate instead of white chocolate.
Recipe and photo supplied by Montagu Dried Fruit & Nuts.