Are you looking for a unique activity to keep the kids entertained at your child’s next birthday party? Look no further. Our culinary parties are popular with girls and boys from age 5 and older. We will keep the kids busy during the party so that you can relax and enjoy the party too!
We offer a mobile culinary service, so we can come to you! We are based in JHB, but have travelled as far as Potch and Hartebeespoortdam to do events. We will bring everything required for the activity, so you don’t have to lift a finger! Just let us know when and where! It is also an option to have the party at one of our approved venues in JHB or at a venue of your choice.
During the party each recipe is demonstrated to the children step-by-step and each child takes part in making the items from start to finish. Kids get to take the fruit of their labour home and tell Mom and Dad: I made it myself! Most of them eat it right away though! During the activity the kids will learn about kitchen hygiene, basic cooking methods, accurate measuring, ingredients and recipes. Please visit Cooking Up A Storm’s Facebook page for photo’s of parties we’ve done over the past few years.
Details of “I made it myself!/Ek het dit self gemaak!” culinary parties
Please let me know which date you have in mind. We recommend that you contact us 4 to 6 weeks before your child’s birthday, especially if you would like the party to take place on a Saturday as it is the most popular day of the week!
Grade R to Grade 7 (older kids fall into a different category – please contact us for more info). Kids that are 10+ can choose to have a Masterchef party which can have a competition format. It doesn’t have to though. Please make contact for more information.
Morning session (9:30 to 12:00) or afternoon session (14:30 to 17:00). We try to stick to these time slots in order to accommodate more than one party on a Saturday.
The party can take place at your house or venue, e.g. a club house in your complex. We’ve done parties in dining rooms, garages and on patio’s. Also in church halls and restaurants! Please note that we need to set-up 1 hour before the starting time of the party or class. Our travel cost to your house or venue is not included in the cost per child.
The party can take place at an alternative venue. Please make contact for more info.
You can choose the language in which the party will be conducted, i.e. “I made it myself!” or “Ek het dit self gemaak!”. Please specify your language choice on the booking form.
– “I made it myself!” party/standard option: R250.00 per person (recommended for kids 5 to 12 years)
– Masterchef party/luxury option: R300.00 per person (recommended for kids 8+ years) – the birthday boy or girl has the option to choose if he/she would like the activity to have a competition format or not.
Please contact us for a quote for parties for teenagers or adults.
The cost per person does not include the venue hire fee if the party takes place at one of our approved venues. It also does not include our travel cost to your house or the venue.
Please note that a minimum party fee is applicable for all our parties/events. Please make contact for more info.
- a culinary party during which a variety of sweet and savoury age specific recipes will be prepared. The choice of recipes is determined by the average age and size of the group and will be discussed with the organiser of the party. The items the kids make can be tied in with the theme of the party, e.g. Alice in Wonderland, Among Us, Ballerina, Beauty & The Beast, Cars, Cinderella, Circus, Construction, Cowboy/Cowgirl, Dinosaurs, Doc McStuffins, Emoji, Finding Nemo/Dory, Friends, Frozen, Harry Potter, Llama, Mermaid/Under The Sea, Minecraft, Minion, Minnie/Micky Mouse, Moana, Paw Patrol, Pirates, Princess, Puppy, Smurfs, Space, Star Wars, Storks, Superheroes, Unicorn, Toy Story, Trolls and many more!
- all ingredients and equipment required for the culinary party. All you need to provide is an oven (if the party takes places at your house or venue). No-bake items also available.
- A comprehensive recipe booklet for each of the attendees to take home
- a chef’s hat for the duration of the class – kids get to take these home
- the use of Cooking Up A Storm’s tables and table cloths for the duration of the culinary activity
- an electronic invite which can be sent to guests via email or Whatsapp.
- the use of Cooking Up A Storm aprons for the duration of the party (the white ones with the purple print in the photo’s below). Customised aprons can also be ordered. Please note that aprons needs to be ordered at least two weeks prior to the event date. Please make contact for more information.
- Birthday cake – we can recommend suppliers
- Party decorations, e.g. balloons, streamers, hats, themed table cloths, etc.
- Party packs for the kids
- Party food for kids and adults – I can recommend suppliers
- Drinks – cold
- Drinks – hot (a complimentary tea/coffee station is available at certain venues)
- Travel cost to your house or venue (R6 per km)
Making a booking
Please make contact for more information.
We offer culinary sessions for adults as well! It is a great activity for celebrations such as birthdays, anniversaries, team building, year-end functions, etc. We also customised on-site culinary lessons for individuals, i.e. stay at home moms, domestic workers, au pairs, etc. Please make contact for more information.