These cookies are quick and easy to make and can be kept simple or turned into intricate Christmas Tree decorations!
300 g cake flour
175 g butter
10 ml ground cinnamon
2.5 ml allspice
90 ml honey
white, red, green, silver or gold vermicilli or
edible silver balls and glitter
Royal Icing (click on the link for the recipe)
- Weigh the cake flour with an electronic kitchen scale and add it to the bowl of a food processor.
- Weigh the butter with an electronic kitchen scale, cut it into small cubes and add it to to the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Measure the cinnamon and allspice into the bowl of a food processor.
- Switch the processor on and use a pulse action to process the ingredients until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Measure the honey and transfer the honey to the bowl of the food processor.
- Switch the food processor on and let it run until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Remove the dough from the bowl of the food processor and wrap it in cling film. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it out to a thickness of 5 mm with a rolling pin.
- Cut out shapes with Christmas themed cookie cutters, e.g. Christmas tree, Christmas Father, Angel, gingerbread man, candy cane, etc.
- Line two baking trays with Wizbake re-usable baking sheets and transfer the shapes to the trays.
- Use a toothpick and make a hole in each of the dough shapes if you are planning on hanging it on your Christmas tree.
- Gather the trimmings into a ball and repeat the process until you have used up all the dough.
- Place the baking trays in the oven and bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Set a timer so that you do not forget about it!
- Remove the baking trays from the oven and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cooled cookies to a work surface and decorate.
- Thread ribbon through the holes and hang them on your Christmas tree or transfer the cookies to a serving plate or an airtight container and store.
- Alternatively, press the dough into Christmas themed silicon moulds and place the moulds on baking trays before baking it in the oven.
Please order Wizbake re-usable baking sheets, silicon moulds, etc. by 22 November. Contact me for more information.