Turn your baby marrow into “pasta” and toss with fresh basil pesto. A fresh and healthy meal in minutes!
250 g baby marrows, topped and tailed
500 ml packed fresh basil leaves
10 ml crushed garlic
80 ml extra-virgin olive oil
10 ml fresh lemon juice
60 ml Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
100 g cherry tomatoes
- Use a julienne peeler or mandoline to julienne the baby marrows.
- Heat 5 ml olive oil in a saucepan and stir-fry the baby marrow.
- To make the pesto, combine the basil and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the olive oil in a steady stream while the food processor is running.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pesto to the saucepan and mix well. Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for a minute or two.
- Transfer the baby marrow to a serving dish and serve at room temperature or chilled.