250 g white, milk or dark chocolate
30 ml coconut oil (see notes)
- Chop the chocolate finely.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove or in a heat-proof bowl on the defrost setting in the microwave.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the coconut oil and mix well.
- To serve, spoon ice-cream into dessert bowls or into ice-cream cones and drizzle the chocolate sauce on top. The chocolate will harden almost instantaneously!
Makes 250 ml
– Leftover chocolate can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
– Leftover chocolate can be reheated and used as a sauce, but it will lose some of its hardening properties.
– Coconut oil is available from health shops, pharmacies and fruit & veg shops. See my post Nuts About Coconuts for more info.