Serve as a dip with crusty bread, fresh vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower broken into florets or carrot and celery cut into julienne strips. For special appeal, spoon the Tzatziki into a hollowed bread roll and serve with the raw prepared vegetables!
1 large cucumber peeled and finely grated
500 ml Greek or full cream yoghurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and white pepper
To serve and garnish (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
a little crumbled Feta cheese
fennel sprigs or mint to garnish
- Place the cucumber into a fine sieve over a bowl to drain well. Line a colander with a double layer of porous kitchen cloth and pour the yoghurt into the colander.
- Drain for about 10 – 15 minutes or until a good thick consistency is obtained.
- Add the yoghurt and garlic to the cucumber and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper, cover and chill well.
- Sprinkle with black pepper before serving and garnish with fennel sprigs or mint .
- Refrigerate up to 4 days.
Makes 500 ml dip or 10 to 12 servings.