Whether you are using white or red-fleshed dragon fruit, the addition of this exotic superfood to your fruit salad will take it to a whole new level!
1 to 2 large dragon fruit
125 g blue berries
125 g raspberries
60 g pomegranate seeds
- Cut the dragon fruit in half lengthwise, i.e. from the stem to the base.
- Scoop the flesh out with a melon baller and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Set the shells aside for presentation.
- Add the blue berries, raspberries and pomegranate seeds and mix well.
- Spoon the salad into the dragon fruit shells, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- Pineapple boats look great too!
- Cube the dragon fruit for a different look.
- Use a combination of your favourite seasonal fruit for the salad, e.g. strawberries, cherries, kiwi, mango, papaya, etc.
Photo credit (dragon fruit boat): Jenifoto/Fotolia on www.westchestermagazine.com
Photo credit (pineapple boat): wwwlivelovefruit.com