This simple, yet mouthwatering recipe demonstrates how well suited microwave cooking is to fish – minimum effort for maximum enjoyment.
600 g fresh or If the frozen hake steaks or loins, skinless and boneless
50 g butter
30 ml lemon juice
5 ml crushed garlic
50 ml parsley, finely chopped
30 ml capers, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
- Select a round dish which will hold the fish comfortably and grease well with butter.
- Sprinkle the fish lightly with salt and arrange into the dish.
- If the fish is frozen, cover the dish with clingwrap and microwave on High for 5 minutes to defrost the fish.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and capers in a small jug and microwave on High for 1 minute.
- Stir well, pour over the fish and sprinkle generously with black pepper.
- Cover with clingwrap and microwave on High for 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, spoon the sauce over the fish and serve with boiled baby potatoes and salad or vegetables.