Make your child’s next birthday extra special with an “I made it myself!/Ek het dit self gemaak!” or Masterchef culinary party.
During Cooking Up A Storm’s culinary parties each recipe is demonstrated to the children step-by-step and each child makes his/her own recipe from start to finish. Kids get to take the fruit of their labour home and tell Mom and Dad: I made it myself! Most of them eat it right away though! During the class the kids learn about kitchen hygiene, basic cooking methods, new ingredients and recipes, accurate measuring, etc. Please visit Cooking Up A Storm’s Facebook page for photo’s.
I also have a Masterchef Culinary Party options for kids 10+. More details below.
Details of “I made it myself!/Ek het dit self gemaak!” culinary parties
Please let me know which date you have in mind.
Grade R to Grade 7 (older kids fall into a different category – please contact me for more info). Kids that are 10+ can choose to have a Masterchef party which has a competition format. Please contact me for details.
Morning session (10:00 to 12:30) or afternoon session (14:30 to 17:00). We try to stick to these time slots in order to accommodate more than one party on a Saturday.
The party can take place at your house or venue, e.g. a club house in your complex. Please note that I need to set-up 1 hour before the starting time of the party or class. My travel cost to your house or venue is not included in the cost per child.
You can book Cooking Up A Storm Culinary Experiences in Robindale, Randburg. Travel cost is not applicable in this case. Please note that the maximum size of the group for a party at my Robindale venue is 18 kids. A venue hire fee of R750.00 is payable.
You can choose the language in which the party will be conducted, i.e. “I made it myself!” or “Ek het dit self gemaak!”. Please specify your language choice on the booking form.
– R210.00 per person for “I made it myself! party (ages 5 to 12)
– R260.00 per person Masterchef party (10+ years ).
Please contact us for a quote for parties for teenagers or adults.
The amount per person does not include the venue hire fee if the party takes place at Cooking Up A Storm Culinary Experiences or travel cost to your house or venue.
Please note that a minimum party or event fee applies for all our parties/events.
- a culinary party during which a variety of sweet and savoury age specific recipes will be prepared. The choice of recipes is determined by the average age and size of the group. The items the kids make can be tied in with the theme of the party, e.g. Alice in Wonderland, Ballerina, Beauty & The Beast, Cars, Cinderella, Circus, Construction, Cowboy/Cowgirl, Dinosaurs, Doc McStuffins, Emoji, Finding Nemo/Dory, Frozen, Harry Potter, Mermaid/Under The Sea, Minion, Minnie/Micky Mouse, Moana, Paw Patrol, Pirates, Princess, Smurfs, Space, Star Wars, Storks, Superheroes, Unicorn, Toy Story, Trolls and many more!
- all ingredients and equipment required for the culinary party. All you need to provide is an oven (if the party takes places at your house or venue). No-bake items also available.
- “Ek het dit self gemaak!” or “I made it myself!” recipes to take home – please specify what language you prefer.
- the use of a Cooking Up A Storm apron for the duration of the party *
- a chef’s hat for the duration of the class – kids can also take these home
- the use of Cooking Up A Storm’s tables and table cloths for the duration of the culinary activity
- an electronic invite which you can email to guests. It could also be used to print hard copies.
* Custom made aprons in the colour scheme or theme of the party can be ordered at R160.00 per apron. Please note that aprons needs to be ordered at least two weeks prior to the event date. Please visit our online shop to order yours. Please contact me for more information.
- Birthday cake – I can recommend suppliers
- Party decorations, e.g. balloons, streamers, hats, themed table cloths, etc.
- Party packs for the kids
- Party food for kids and adults – I can recommend suppliers
- Drinks – cold (there is a complimentary Tea/Coffee station at my venue)
- Travel cost of R7.50 per km (only applicable if the party takes place at a private house or venue)
Making a booking
Please contact me for a booking form for culinary parties.