Make your child’s next birthday extra special with an “I made it myself!/Ek het dit self gemaak!” or Masterchef culinary party.
During Cooking Up A Storm’s culinary parties each recipe is demonstrated to the children step-by-step and each child makes his/her own recipe from start to finish. Kids get to take the fruit of their labour home and tell Mom and Dad: I made it myself! Most of them eat it right away though! During the class the kids learn about kitchen hygiene, basic cooking methods, new ingredients and recipes, accurate measuring, etc. Please visit Cooking Up A Storm’s Facebook page for photo’s.
Details of “I made it myself!/Ek het dit self gemaak!” culinary parties
Please let me know which date you have in mind.
Grade R to Grade 7 (older kids fall into a different category – please contact me for more info). Kids that are 10+ can choose to have a Masterchef party which has a competition format. Please make contact for more information.
Morning session (10:00 to 12:30) or afternoon session (14:30 to 17:00). We try to stick to these time slots in order to accommodate more than one party on a Saturday.
The party can take place at your house or venue, e.g. a club house in your complex. We’ve done parties in garages and on patio’s. Also in church halls and restaurants! Please note that we need to set-up 1 hour before the starting time of the party or class. Our travel cost to your house or venue is not included in the cost per child.
You can book Cooking Up A Storm Culinary Experiences in Robindale, Randburg. Travel cost is not applicable in this case. Please note that the maximum size of the group for a party at my Robindale venue is 18 kids. A venue hire fee is payable.
You can choose the language in which the party will be conducted, i.e. “I made it myself!” or “Ek het dit self gemaak!”. Please specify your language choice on the booking form.
– R225.00 per person for “I made it myself! party (recommended for kids 5 to 12 years)
– R275.00 per person Masterchef party (recommended for kids 10+ years ).
Please contact us for a quote for parties for teenagers or adults.
The cost per person does not include the venue hire fee if the party takes place at Cooking Up A Storm Culinary Experiences or travel cost to your house or venue.
Please note that a minimum party or event fee applies for all our parties/events.
- a culinary party during which a variety of sweet and savoury age specific recipes will be prepared. The choice of recipes is determined by the average age and size of the group. The items the kids make can be tied in with the theme of the party, e.g. Alice in Wonderland, Ballerina, Beauty & The Beast, Cars, Cinderella, Circus, Construction, Cowboy/Cowgirl, Dinosaurs, Doc McStuffins, Emoji, Finding Nemo/Dory, Frozen, Harry Potter, Mermaid/Under The Sea, Minecraft, Minion, Minnie/Micky Mouse, Moana, Paw Patrol, Pirates, Princess, Smurfs, Space, Star Wars, Storks, Superheroes, Unicorn, Toy Story, Trolls and many more!
- all ingredients and equipment required for the culinary party. All you need to provide is an oven (if the party takes places at your house or venue). No-bake items also available.
- “Ek het dit self gemaak!” or “I made it myself!” recipes to take home – please specify what language you prefer.
- a chef’s hat for the duration of the class – kids get to take these home
- the use of Cooking Up A Storm’s tables and table cloths for the duration of the culinary activity
- an electronic invite which you can email or Whatsapp to guests.
- the use of a Cooking Up A Storm apron for the duration of the party. Customised aprons can also be ordered at R170.00 per apron. See the photo’s below of the the pink and blue aprons. Please visit our online shop to order. Matching oven mittens also available at R110 per set. Please note that aprons needs to be ordered at least two weeks prior to the event date. Please make contact for more information.
- Birthday cake – I can recommend suppliers
- Party decorations, e.g. balloons, streamers, hats, themed table cloths, etc.
- Party packs for the kids
- Party food for kids and adults – I can recommend suppliers
- Drinks – cold (there is a complimentary Tea/Coffee station at my venue)
- Travel cost of R8 per km (only applicable if the party takes place at a private house or venue)
Making a booking
Please contact us for a booking form.
We offer culinary sessions for adults as well! It is a great activity for celebrations such as birthdays, anniversaries, team building, year-end functions, etc. Please contact us for more information.
Aprons customised for client.